Official Site of the
30th Annual Capital Jazz Fest
The jazz festival with soul!
June 2-4, 2023
Thanks to everyone who attended the 30th edition of our Capital Jazz Fest on June 2-4, 2023! We had three days of lovely weather and amazing music! Hope to see you again next year! Mark your calendars for the 31st annual Capital Jazz Fest, June 7-9, 2024!
Held each year during Black Music Month since 1993, the Capital Jazz Fest is one of the premier black music events in the country, featuring over 30 acts over three days. The Pavilion Stage features live contemporary jazz, while the Symphony Woods Stage (dark on Friday) features live R&B/soul music from the old-school and the new!
Check out the highlight video from the 2023 festival!
See more scenes from the 2023 festival on our Capital Jazz TV page at www.capitaljazz.tv
Interview with Robert Glasper backstage at the 2023 Capital Jazz Fest
See more interviews from the 2023 festival on our Capital Jazz TV page at www.capitaljazz.tv
2023 Festival Highlights:
- The “Friday Night Soul” concert is back! This year, featuring Fantasia and Joe!
- The legendary George Benson, who recently celebrated his 80th birthday, will be headlining the Pavilion Stage on Saturday night!
- Can You Feel It: A Tribute to Michael Jackson on the Pavilion Stage on Sunday, June 4, featuring several surprise musical guests!
- The British are coming! This year’s lineup includes performances by several of our musical friends from across the pond including Corinne Bailey Rae, Incognito, Daley, Loose Ends, and Marsha Ambrosius!
- First time appearances at the fest this year by 3x Grammy-winning singer Ne-Yo, plus Grammy-winning singer PJ Morton, Grammy-nominated singer/drummer Jamison Ross, singer/trumpeter Johnny Britt (formerly of Impromp2), singer Donell Jones (“U Know What’s Up”), 22 year-old pianist Matthew Whitaker, the queen of indie soul Conya Doss, violinist Chelsey Green, and singer Lyfe Jennings (“Must Be Nice”)!
- “Late Night Soul at The Casino” on Friday, June 2, featuring rising star Kevin Ross, plus Teedra Moses and Mexican-American soul singer Raquel Rodriguez!
- Our Official After-Party at the Live! Casino & Hotel on Saturday night, June 3, featuring the legendary DJ Spinderella, plus Secret Society, one of the top party bands in the DMV! Come eat, drink, dance, and mingle with other Capital Jazz fans from across the country!
Artist Interviews from the 2023 Festival
What is the Capital Jazz Fest?
Each year in June, tens of thousands of music lovers from throughout the country flock to the suburbs of Washington, D.C. to attend “the jazz festival with soul”: The Capital Jazz Fest. Started in 1993, this outdoor festival, which attracts music lovers nationwide, is more than just a concert, it’s an event! It’s a place to people-watch, eat, drink, shop, mingle, relax, soak in the rays, make new friends, and of course hear some of the coolest music on the planet!
In-between musical sets, enjoy the juried craft vendors at the Festival Marketplace, culinary treats at the food courts, and interactive Q&A sessions with the artists. And after the show, check out the late-night events at our host hotel.
Over the past 30 years, the festival has showcased a “Who’s Who” of musical talent including everyone from Al Jarreau, Grover Washington, Jr., Nancy Wilson, Spyro Gyra, Ray Charles, Gladys Knight, Take 6, Anita Baker, Chuck Brown, George Duke, and Natalie Cole to Erykah Badu, Snarky Puppy, Mary Mary, Incognito, Anthony Hamilton, Joss Stone, Gregory Porter, Raphael Saadiq, and Robert Glasper.
See what festival patrons are saying about the Capital Jazz Fest…
our Capital Jazz TV channel at www.capitaljazz.tv.